How to make money blogging? This might be the first question that popped up in your mind when you decided to start a blog. There are so many ways to monetize your blog and make money from the start. It took me quite some time (about 1 year) to start earning money. I know that sounds pretty long, but what if you want to start earning your income today, what are the ways to make money online? Below, I have included the best ways to do it in a short period of time in this post and how I did it. I am sure you can do it too.
First off, you will need to have a blog and set up some social media accounts. Only start with one social media channel. I highly recommend signing up for Instagram because there are plenty of opportunities that you can make money from. Instagram is actually my main source of income. But if you’re more of a video person, get your YouTube channel set up and have it as your main social media channel. Even though Instagram has a lot of opportunities, YouTube can pay you more with the same number of followers/ subscribers.
Offer Service/ Product
If you are just starting out, the best way to make your first income is to offer your service. Think about why you’re starting your blog and what content you are planning to share or have already shared. Turn those ideas, content, into your service or an E- Course. Bring traffic to your blog and service by using Pinterest, Facebook/ Instagram Ads to help promote your service. I saw so many successful bloggers turn their ideas into courses and make tons of money out of it.
Recommending you to taking this class “Blog to Biz Hive” to get the step by step guide on how to create your course. I just finished this course and might do a review about it here to share my results with you.
Because I’m focusing my time more on my blog and Instagram, these are the two sources I make money from. I have shared below on where and how I get my deals.
Apply to campaigns
- I got my first paid campaign through BrandBacker, they mostly offer gifting products to review on my blog, but they also have paid campaigns available for you to apply. I started with a gifting campaign, once the brands saw my work and loved what I created, they privately reach out to me and signed me up for their paid partnership.
Activate by Bloglovin
- You can apply for paid campaigns here and put your rate down. If you get accepted, you will get the rate you ask for. They have opportunities for blog, Instagram, YouTube and twitter.
- Signing up for fohrcard will help you know your audience demographics, your suggested charging rates and opportunity to work with brands. They don’t have a page for you to apply for brand partnership, but they will reach out to you when they find the right fit between you and brands they represent.
AspireIQ (Formerly RevFluence)
- If you have 10k followers on Instagram, I recommend applying for campaigns here. You can put your rate and once the brands want to work with you, they will send an offer with campaign details. You can adjust the price and details before you accept any campaigns. They also offer gifting campaign, if you decide to go with it make sure at the end of the campaign you ask the brands to give you a rating. If you receive 4-5 start rating, you will be able to apply to unlimited campaigns.
- With this platform you need to have 5K+ followers on Instagram or 1K+ subscribers on YouTube. Even though you will only receive free products in exchange of a post/ video but again, if the brands loves your work and you drive traffic or sales to them, they will personally reach out to you with their paid opportunities.
Affiliate/ Ambassador program
Joining affiliate and/or ambassadorship programs will benefit you when you’re writing about products or services on your blog. Hyperlink brand, specific products on your post. When your readers click and purchase those products you will earn cash commissions on all sales. You can even put the ads on your side bar to gain more attention and traffic. These type of payments won’t give you a lot of money and mostly take longer time to get paid. Most affiliate companies will wait until you reach $100 to send you your check.
Below are the affiliate sites I joined:
- Rakuten LinkShare
- rewardStyle : You will need to have at least 4 months of consistent content that contains the following attributes: Engaged and Growing Audience, Consistency, Quality and Original Content and Clean Editorial Design) If you are ready to apply or get referred by me, feel free to send your name, last name, email and your blog URL with the subject of “rewardStyle Referral” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No guarantee of accepting but I am happy to help! 🙂
- ShopStyle Collevtive : They have two options, either you will get paid when someone buys products via your link or you can get paid per click, no need to make sales. I got into this right at the beginning of blogging.
Pop and Suki is the latest brand I joined their ambassador program.
Banners/ Ads on your sidebar
- Google Ads
- I remember my first check I got was from Google ads I had on my YouTube Channel. But like an affiliate program, you will get paid after you hit at least a $100. In my case because I’m not active there, it took me several months to get my $100 check.
- I don’t do this myself but have seen people making steady income from having banners on their site. I got offeres from brands to put their ads on my site and they would pay me per month, for three months for the space. If you have higher traffic you will be able to negotiate higher prices.
Reach out to brands
- This is one of the tough topics and ways to try to make money from your blog. But other people can do it and I am sure you can do it too. To be able to get a deal from brands, you have to make sure your content and demographics are aligned with the brands’ target market. If you’re a food blogger but reaching out to a handbag company, you might not get a deal with that brand. They might be happy to gift you their bag to share with your food lover audience but with the paid opportunity will be less than reaching out to food company. I talked about “A MUST READ BOOK TO UP YOUR INFLUENCER MARKETING GAME” last week on my blog, you can check it out to see what book I recommend, if you want to pursue as an influencer side and to be able to get paid and work with brands.
Get noticed and let brands contact you
It’s definitely not easy if you want to get noticed right at the start. Ways to do it is to have high quality content, have good presence for both blog and your social site. Start engaging on other bloggers and influencers who have been blogging for a longer period of time. Your profile will catch brands and agencies’ eyes by doing that. Most importantly, you have to be consistent and professional.
I hope you got some helpful tips on how to make money blogging, that you can start implementing on your blogging business today. Feel free to let me know what works and doesn’t work for you in the comments below. You can also share your experience with me on my Instagram @TheVibesCloset. Happy to chat!
Thank you for stopping by All About Good Vibes today. Hope to see you again soon.
“If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” —Edmund Burke
I love this post. I have been a part of Rakuten Marketing for about a year and I haven’t made any money off of it yet but i am hoping that changes this year. I did just sign up for brand backing so thank you for that information. I’m not looking for a crazy amount of money or sponsors, i just want to be a part of teams that i love their products and get people to branch out and try new stuff 🙂