In today’s post, I’m sharing the benefits of drinking water with you. There are 15 benefits I have listed below that I found from Medical News Today. I’m also sharing a 7-day hydration challenge with tracking sheet and I encourage you to join this self-care challenge.
You will find that by just drinking enough water each day, you are giving your body the most important ingredient to keep it functioning properly and to help prevent sicknesses.
I hope this post will inspire you to drink more water. If you are ready, let’s dive into it!
Happy new week! This week I wanted to talk about hydration and the benefits of drinking water. I found that to be able to take good care of yourself, you need to pay attention to every part of your body and hydration will help with that.
As you know that self-care practice is super important nowadays and in every stage of your life. If you start practicing self-care at a younger age you will look and feel better than people who start theirs years later. With this being said, drinking enough water will help your skin and every part of your body to feel happier and fresher.
For me personally, water is my worst enemy. I grew up not drinking a lot of water and I thought I was fine. Even though I got dizzy sometimes, but I didn’t know that was because I was dehydrated. I knew I was suppose to drink at least 8 glasses of water, but I still didn’t make it as a must each day. I never knew the dangers of dehydration until I moved to Arizona.
Since being in Arizona, drinking enough water is very important. However, for me it’s so hard to drink plenty of water each day as I was not use to the mentality of drinking water and I usually get caught up in my day that by the end of the day, I forget I need to drink something!
After learning about the many benefits of drinking water, I wanted to start taking care of myself more in this area. Even though I’m bad at drinking water, I found ways to drink at least 8 glasses of water and have been doing that for a few weeks now.
In today’s post I share the benefits of drinking water with you. I hope this will inspire you to drink more water. Below, I have listed 15 benefits that I found from Medical News Today. You will find that by just drinking enough water each day, you are giving your body the most important ingredient to keep it functioning properly and to help prevent sicknesses.
According to the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, women should be having around 11.5 cups and men should have around 15.5 cups of water each day.
I created a 7 Day Hydration challenge Tracking sheet that will help you to try and get your hydration in. Let’s start with 8 glasses each day and work from there. The sheet is up for you to grab on my library.
If you want to receive my freebies, feel free to join Club Vibester Newsletters, so every time that I have something new, you will get it straight to your inbox plus some exclusive content I don’t post here.
15 benefits of drinking water
- Makes your joints healthier. Your joints are made of 80% water and drinking water will help to lubricate them.
- Maintains your saliva and mucus. We need saliva to digest food and mucus to keep the inside of our nose healthy. Also, drinking water keeps your mouth clean and can reduce tooth decay.
- Delivers oxygen throughout your body. Our blood cells are over 90% water and our blood can help carry oxygen to different parts of our body.
- Makes your skin healthier and more beautiful. By not drinking enough water, your skin can be vulnerable to skin disorders and premature wrinkling.
- Let’s your brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissue function properly. With prolonged dehydration, you can suffer from thinking and reasoning problems.
- It controls your body temperature. We sweat to cool off our body when we get too hot. Not having enough water can lead to a lower tolerance to heat strain.
- Your digestive system needs water to work properly. Not drinking enough water can lead to constipation, over-acidic stomach and increased risk of heartburn.
8. You need water to not only sweat but to remove urine and feces.
9. Blood pressure is dependent on the amount of water in your veins. To little water can make your blood thicker and thus causing increased blood pressure.
10. It makes your airways more open. Too little water can make your body start to restrict your airways to minimize water loss. This can lead to asthma and allergies.
11. Water makes it possible for us to digest the minerals and nutrients that our bodies need.
12. Your kidneys need water to function properly and help to regulate fluids in your body, too little and your chances of having kidney stones increase.
13. It can help with performance during exercise. Some scientists say having enough water before a workout can increase performance and not having enough will lower your performance.
14. You can have a better chance of losing weight if you drink plenty of water before a meal. By “preloading” on the water before eating, you can prevent overeating and create a sense of fullness.
15. By alternating your alcoholic drinks with unsweetened soda water with ice and lemon can reduce your chance of overconsuming alcohol.
Share with mE:
What are your tips on drinking water?
5 Tips to help you drink water
- Get at least a 1 litter (32 oz.) water bottle (like this, this or this).
- Have the water bottle near you at all times.
- Finish the first bottle by lunch.
- Make your water taste and/or smell good.
- Remind yourself why it’s important to drink water.
If you are serious about drinking water and want to change up your drinking habit, I encourage you to download my 7 Day Hydration Challenge Tracking Sheet from my online library. You can print it out and record your water intake as you finish a glass of water. I provide tips for each day as well to help you get at least 8 glasses of water each day. Feel free to visit my online library and start using it every day.
You can also sign up to Club Vibester Newsletters, so you can get exclusive content, any updates and new freebies straight to your inbox. Just sign up below.
I hope you find this post helpful and it makes you want to drink more water.
Stay tuned for more self-care tips and self-care challenges in the upcomming weeks.
Thank you for stopping by All About Good Vibes today.
See you again soon on my next post.